Friday, June 4, 2010

Progress:

After a quarter of learning new techniques in this course, it is now time to kick back and take a look at all that I have learned. This entry is an evaluation of my progress throughout the entirety of the course.

1.What is the most significant accomplishment in looking at your Midterm or Final? You can talk about technique in Photoshop, investigating your Big Idea, creating a meaningful artwork, etc.

I feel like the most significant accomplishment was learning how to properly convey my message through my pieces. At the start of this course when I would look into what to create I would focus more on technique and visual concepts more than the interpretation. For example when looking at my original concept for my midterm project, the piece had no real solidified concept behind it.



But once I sat back and thought about what I was trying to convey, I ended up with not only a well rounded visual product, I also came out of this with a piece with a perfect visual represntation of the meaning behind it.


2.Choose a project in the class and discuss your most challenging learning experience in Photoshop. Focus on a technique or concept from Photoshop that was difficult at first, but that you mastered by the end of the quarter.

The most difficult project that we did in class was the second selection piece. I feel this way because that project was the most tedious. But after much practice I was soon able to make a number of different images perfectly mesh. This is seen in quiz 4.






3.Compare two projects from the quarter to compare and contrast how you achieved making meaning in the work. Try to showcase in your examples an improved capacity to making visual images that mean something as opposed to being a showcase of technique.

My final and midterm project I believe are my best when it comes to achieving meaning in my works. The use of different blending, gradient and selection tools to take a number of different images to create one single piece shows the ability to not only make a visually pleasing project, it also shows the ability to create a piece with deeper meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment